DLC Literary Club (English and Assamese):
DLC Literary Club is a literary group which was formed in 2021 in order to enhance the writing skill of the students. There are two faculties-in-charge namely Dr Jintu Borah and Dr Chandamita Sarma to guide the students. The club meetings were held in online mode during pandemic and lockdown period. Now meetings are held in offline mode.
Students can recite their own writing in the literary meet. It will develop their presentation skills and build up their confidence.
Till now we are able to publish two issues of the online magazine 'Literary DLCIAN' from the club. First issue was inaugurated by veteran journalist and writer Smt. Indrani Rai Medhi and the second issue was inaugurated by Dr Kuladhar Saikia, the President of Asom Sahitya Sabha.
The committee is formed as follows-
- Two faculties-in-charge namely- Dr Jintu Borah and Dr Chandamita Sarma
- One technical editor- Mrs Pallavi Neog
- One technical assistant member- Shri Dhriraj Bezbaruah
- Three secretariesr- Chiranjeeb Nath Borah, Dipika Das and Twinkle Basumatary
- Three sub- secretaries- Papari Bhagabati Nath, Santanu Dutta and Alok Debnath
- Twenty active members
- More than 100 general members.
Students committee members are changed from time to time as some of them have passed from the college.
At present there are more than one hundred total members. Editors and sub- editors are there to edit the writings and finally the faculties-in-charge correct the writings before uploading them on the internet.
The members of the club also wrote the wall magazine this year. The some of the active committee members at present are Chiranjeeb, Pranoy, Dipika, Papari, Twinkle, Ipshita, Akash, Santanu, Alok, Baracha, Karishma, Bibha, Snata, Niki, Dhrubajyoti, Arifa, Bijoy, Digbijoy, Sunny etc.
**The third issue of the online magazine will be published in the month of October this year.
- Dr Jintu Borah, Assistant Professor and Faculty-in-Charge, DLC Literary Club.
- Dr Chabdamita Sarma,Assistant Professor and Faculty-in-Charge, DLC Literary Club.