The Library was established in 1994 in a tiny room. In 1994, the library was run in one room with a small collection of books. By continuing the process of development, the library now has its own building well equipped with spacious reading room and latest books and journals. Since its inception, the college library is striving for providing maximum support to the student as well as teachers in the teaching learning process. Our library is enriched with News Papers, local and national Journals and popular magazine collection. Now the library is running smartly with its Digital Library.
Shri Sarat Phukan, IPS and DSP (retd) has donated 664 valuable collection of law books to our library. Moreover, (Late) Sri K.Laskar, Ex-Secretary of the College Governing Body had also donated a good number of books to the College library. Recently, Adv.Akdas Ali Mir has donated the Assamese version of the Constitution of India and four other valuable books on history of Assam-A bridge from America to Sadiya, Behaviour Problems of Children, book on 76 Assamese songs of Dr. Bhupen Hazarika translated in English etc.
The college library has Book Bank facility to provide educational support to the economically weaker students of all disciplines. Student members can borrow a set of 5 books of different subjects which they can use for the entire academic session. The books are to be returned after the university examinations are over. The library issues a circular in the beginning of the session and eligible students may apply to avail the benefit as per the schedule announced by therein. Any defaulter in this context will not be issued any books further unless he/she clears the old dues.
The College Library has its own Institutional Digital Repository which it has developed by taking cloud space of National Digital Library, Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur) in which it has created metadata of its question papers of LL.B,5 Years B.A LL.B and LL.M. At present the DL has 604 question papers in its repository. Link for DIGITAL LIBRARY
The library also has a separate reference section consisting of many special and valuable collections. The reference room provides reading facility to the students. We have very good collection of Law Journals, dictionaries and encyclopedia in our reference section. Adequate number of books including some rare and precious publication on law, newsletter, periodicals etc. are easily available to the students as well as the teachers to boost their knowledge.
1. AIR- Online Legal Database (AIR+ Criminal Law Journal+ Journals of Human Rights) (Installed in the year 2022)
2. National Digital Library: The National Digital library of India is a virtual repository of learning resources which is not only just a repository with a search/browse facility but also provides a host of services containing textbooks, articles, videos, audio books, lectures, simulations, fiction and all other kinds of learning media for the learner’s/users community. It is a project under Ministry of Education, Government of India, through its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT). Dispur Law College is a content partner of NDLI, Kharagpur IIT.(web address of NDLI: https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in
3. Digital Library of Dispur Law College: The digital library of Dispur Law College is enriched with previous year question papers of LL. B, B.A LL.B. and LL.M. (since 2015 till date), College E- magazine. The web address of Digital Library of Dispur Law College is: https://dlc.ndl.iitkgp.ac.in
4. College Website: www.dispurlawcollege.org
5. The web address of College E-magazine: https://dispurlawcollege.org/e-magazine
6. The web address of College E-Journal: https://image.dispurlawcollege.org/index.php/image
7. Open Access E-resources:
|DIRECTORY OF OPEN ACCESS JOURNALS (DOAJ)
|Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB)
|INFLIBNET's Institutional Repository
|National Digital Library of India
|Mrs. Pallavi Neog
B.A(Philosophy), MLISc, PGDCA
|Sri. Dimbeswar Saikia
|Sri. Dinesh Deka